Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Update!

Devin is doing well, he remains stable and his vitals are staying consistent. They planned on removing the collar but the neurosurgeons weren't able to make it to his room, hopefully they will be by soon.

Devin had his eyes open for most of the day. He was trying to pull on the EEG cords and to pull on the ventilator. Which is a good sign of controlled movements. As for the ventilator, doctors are slowly weaning him from the assistance and plan to have him off of it in a few days.

They have also turned the drain in his brain off and his ICP's (inter cranial pressures) are doing well.

We are so grateful for the progress that Devin continues to make. We understand that this will be a long road to recovery but are SO thankful for everyone's support, love and encouragement.

Katy and the family are continuing to stay in Loma Linda to support and be with Devin at all times. We ask if you are able to help with any donations or you feel compelled to serve this gracious and grateful family that you would "click" the donate button on the left sidebar and make your donations.

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for keeping us all updated! Everyday when I wake up, the first thing I do is check the blog! I am going to be in Loma Linda tonight visiting another friend in the hospital, I would love to bring a dinner to Katy and her family, can someone contact me through facebook? -Christy Pacheco

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful to hear that he is making progress. What an incredible miracle! Thanks for letting us share in your journey. Will continue to pray for healing for Devin.
    Brooke Kind

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter just showed me how to do this so Im sorry that you have not heard from me. I am so grateful that Devin is doing so well!!!!We here at my home and any one that knows me is praying!Tomarrow at casa colina there will be a special bulletin letting everyone know about little Devin and whats going on.Ive told some people on Tuesday,but there was only a few people there.Tomarrow they will get the web addresse and hopefully some can donate for the family.Im having Julie print something up since I dont have a printer.I pray God keeps watch over little Devin as he continues to recover!Luv to the family, Andi

    ReplyDelete