Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Trial: Day's 13 and 14 (4 week)

Sorry for the delay but I will start off with last Friday's court day. It was the defenses turn to call witnesses and so they put on their two expert doctors. Who have never met Devin in person and who are being paid to support the defenses claims. All I hear is that our wonderful district attorney was able to put what they were saying in context and strip away a little bit of the doctors credibility hooray!

At yesterday's  precedings I was told that our amazing Dr. Sadanand took the stand again and was able to strip just a little bit more of the defenses experts credibility. Then to everyone's surprise (but mine) the defendant actually took the stand in his own defense. Part of me wishes I knew more about that crazy man said but part of me is glad I don't. I probably would have been sick hearing him talk about "his son" and how much he supposedly loves him. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Well tomorrow the defendant will finish up his time on the stand. Tentatively he will be followed by another one of Devins doctors and then there is a possibility I will have to take the stand again ugh.

We need prayers more then ever this week, this whole ordeal is really bringing us down. Things are starting to wind down a little and closing statements may be as soon as Thursday! I just keep praying the the jury see's through all the rehearsed stories and sees the truth in everyone's hearts. There is only one family this boy belongs with and that it with me and Devin's loving grandparents.

Tomorrow(Wednesday) the trial starts at 9:00 a.m. at Pomona courthouse (400 Civic Center Plaza #101 Pomona, CA) floor 5 department L. If anyone does want to come to the trial and watch please do not post any details on fb or any other social media site. Also while in the hallway in front of the courtroom do not talk about the case at all, this is a biggie, the jury is standing among you basically.

Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment