Monday, October 27, 2014

Trial: Day 4 (2nd week)

We hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Today started off with me on the stand(again) but I was finally dismissed. That doesn't mean that I won't take the stand at a later time but they are done with me for now. THANK YOU LORD ABOVE! Im just going to go on a little tangent and say that this is the hardest thing I have been through next to Devin's medical issues. The only way I've been able to go on is the support we have seen from family and friends as well as the peace that God has given to me when HE knows I need it the most. Today for example I prayed out loud the entire car ride to the courthouse, I asked for the truth to pour from my lips, I asked for peace to replace my anxiety and above all else to speak on behalf of my beautiful, perfect son since he cannot do it for himself. During one particularly stressful part, a sidebar was taken and I was sitting in the witness stand praying fervently and I asked the lord to hold my hand and guide me. I didn't physically feel his hand but he was in me and with me. Without the Lord in my life I would have just fallen apart, but with him I am so much stronger then I ever believed I was.

After lunch I was back on the stand for an hour maybe, and then it was my momma's turn. Both sides finished with her in about 2 hours so she is done for now as well. Like I've said before we do not talk details but I did ask her how she felt and she felt strong about how she did.

Tomorrow begins at 9:00 a.m Pomona courthouse (400 Civic Center Plaza #101 Pomona, CA) floor 5 department L. If anyone does want to come to the trial and watch please do not post any details on fb or any other social media site. Also while in the hallway in front of the courtroom do not talk about the case at all, this is a biggie, the jury is standing among you basically.

As far as who is testifying tomorrow there is an ex girlfriend of the defendant as well as my father.

Lots of love!!
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment