Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Great week!

Hey, I just thought I would give a quick update about our great week and give a link to some of our new pictures.

This week we had the amazing opportunity given to us by Karen & Gary Joles to start Gymboree classes. They did the research and offered to fund Devin's classes! So on Sunday me and Karen took him to his first class and I think the two of us had more fun then he did... well maybe, he was pretty excited to be near other children. We put him in a class with kids a little younger and where he physically fits in more. For a split second it was hard for me but then I soon to my surprise realized he isn't all THAT far behind. Even more so I was very excited to see that emotionally and mentally he is right were he needs to be. We are so excited to get to go to classes each week and see how far he can go!

Tonight was a gift from God himself! Me and my mom went to the farmers market and walked around awhile. I saw some firefighters and took Devin over to see them... because as one of his shirts(that an amazing person sent to us) says La county firefighter in training. I had a weird feeling that I should ask if any one of them had been there the night that Devin was injured. The first guy I asked directed me over to another man Herb Johnson and asked him. To my astonishment he was one of the men called to the scene, helped in saving the life of my son, and was also questioned by the authorities. We had a special moment of eyes watering, hugging and catching him up to where Devin is now. Last he had heard was that they thought Devin wouldn't make it. We ended up talking for an hour as he described to me what was done and what he encountered that night. He told me that more often then not they never hear of the outcome in situations like this and he was so excited to see how well Devin was doing, and it was the best Birthday gift he could have gotten. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERB! We love you and thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts for being there for our little boy and saving his life.


Without the men and women of the San Dimas Fire Station, Paramedics, Doctors and nurses at Pomona Valley Hospital and Loma Linda Hospital, I can honestly say without each and everyone of you that my son would not be the happy boy he is today!

Lastly on a lighter note I promised pictures and you can find them HERE! They were taken by Theresia Villanueva a truely amazing photographer, woman and friend....she has taken all the professional pictures of Devin since he was born and you can find her website here HERE!

1 comment: