Saturday, January 26, 2013

Long day in Loma Linda

Well our official pre-op is done and the surgery is still set for February 5th. We started out our day at our neurosurgeons office and completed all the paperwork, very boring stuff. As we were leaving though, Devin took off after our doctors voice straight into his office, Dr Sadanand was blown away at how well he was walking in just the short time since we saw him last. He is has so much compassion and support for us and we could not be happier with our doctor.

After that we had to kill 2 hours until our pre anesthesia appointment. Then even after we got there we had to wait a few hours to be seen. Thank you God my mom came to help me out because we were all about to lose it. I have prayed countless prayers that Devin would walk but as so many people have told me, my job of wrangling him got 10 times harder. The most heartbreaking part of the day was watching my son scream so hard he could hardly breathe for 45 minutes straight. It took 3 tries with 3 different lab techs to take his blood. He has definitely been through a lot but this was one of the harder times for me to watch. We made it through again like we have so many times, it never gets easier though. Only 10 days left!

5 comments:

  1. keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers that this will be a very successful one and without any complications and NO infections ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been thinking and praying for you all. We hope lil Devin's surgery went well today and he is doing okay. Kisses and hugs for your adorable lil angel :)

    Love,
    The O'Neil Family :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I was wondering if anyone has information on how Devin is doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been praying for Devin! Just wanted you to know that. I hope he's doing well after surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of Devin often and praying for him!

    ReplyDelete